Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oxymoron, yes or no?!?

I'm really sad about lots of great magazines closing.  First Blueprint, then Domino, and now Cookie.  Granted I don't have children and didn't read Cookie that often but when I did come across it I liked it a lot.  I love blogs (obviously) and read lots of design blogs but it's not the same.  I can't read them in the car or in bed or snuggled up in my favorite chair.

I recently ordered two new magazines and when they arrived in my mailbox I kind of laughed.  They couldn't be more opposite.  One was Country Living and the other was Metropolitan Home.   I love them both equally and separately.

I love the tips and idea of a simpler life in the country. But could I really get by without all the restaurants I'm so spoiled by now? Would I have to become a better cook and learn to can fruits?  That seems like something these Country women are always raving about - homemade jams.

But I'm also pretty jazzed up about the contemporary interiors and shiny new kitchens and bathrooms that I associate with life in a city. Although the non-stop construction that has been occurring outside my window for the last 4 years has driven my BONKERS!  I'd also be happy to never step in a subway again.  Yeah, definetly trade in an old pick up truck for the subway.

It has occurred to me that this is a dream I've had for a long time.  So let's have some fun.  Here's what I'm hoping my city house shapes up to be.
Tizzy in the City




 
 


 

And when I'm not in the city, you can find me here at my country/lake home.

Country Mouse House
 

 




Feel free to drop by anytime.  I'll just be working on my canning.
A girl can dream, right?



If you're interested in who did any of the above interiors let me know - I will try and track it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment