Thursday, October 29, 2009

A decade of love . . .

Today is my god-daughter's tenth birthday.
I don't know where these years have gone.
I can so vividly remember the day she was born.
It was a perfect fall day.  A little cold but lots of sunshine.
That's what she has always brought into my life - lots of sunshine.

I wish I was with her today but I am excited that in
one short week I will get to pick her up at LGA.
I'll start to show her the NYC that I love.
She's been here before but doesn't remember it.
I don't blame her she was only 5.
I'm hoping this trip makes more of an impression.
I will ply her with cupcakes and candy and
the peanut butter & co restaurant.
Anything her heart desires.

This girl is so fantastic.
She is kind.  She is smart.  She is competitive.
She has wicked style.  She is full of spunk.
She is lovely and loved. She is funny.
She is a much better skiier than I am or will ever be.
Same is true for tennis.
She has her own dance moves.
She is a rock star at the shimmy, shimmy.

She fills my heart and I could not possibly love her more.

Happy, Happy Birthday!


I told you - she is awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment