Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beyond Excited . . .

'm like a little girl the day before Christmas.  Yes, that is exactly how I feel.  Tommorrow I shall be jetting to the West Coast to have a glorious weekend full of Girls! Chics! Lovelies! Specifically MY girls!  MY chics!  MY lovelies!!  Plus it's my first trip to Portland and I can feel it in my bones that I'm going to love this city/town/metropolis. I'm unclear on titles. As I've gotten older the thing that I most miss about my youth (really college and post-grad life) is the constant hanging out and nearness of my best ladies.  Life with my Husband is grand but living with a bunch of girls is hilarious. So I am BEYOND excited to have this precious time with these women.

Here are a few other things that I am BEYOND excited about:
  • GLEE - If you haven't seen it - get on board.  I admit I've only seen about 2 episodes but it is so juicy and delcious I don't even feel guilty about it.  It's as if someone took Popular, added the pace of Gilmore Girls, sprinkled a little bit of Heathers and then put an exuberant song and dance number in each episode.  It's awesome.  Get yourselves to hulu.com or fancast.com and get caught up. 



  • WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE:   At first I was skeptical.  But once I started seeing the trailers and promos, I was in.  What an incredible collaboration.  Go to Where the Wild Things Are  and Check out the Featurette video with Maurice Sendak (sorry can't link.) After watching this, I'm even more excited. 


  • Scanwiches:  I found this website on the Cup of Joe blog.  It cracks me up.  I have no idea why.  It also makes me very hungry.


  • Deva Curl:   Kermit the Frog , sage oracle, once stated "It's not easy being green."  It's also not always easy having curly hair.  Good curl management is hard to come by.  Most products either can't contain the frizz or leave hair too crunchy.  Enter - Deva Curl.  I just started using the Arc AngGel and it is fantastic.  Give it a whirl to tame those curls.  (Get it?  Get it?!?.)

  • Honeycrisp Apples.  My friend Ani turned me onto these.  These apples are sweet and delicious and now in season.  Try them out if you run across them.  Sooo goood.




Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment