Monday, October 12, 2009

Keep on Truckin

Yesterday was the Chicago marathon. I love the marathon! I didn't have any friends running this, but one of my friends lives along the course and was hosting a brunch/cheering party. I was super excited for it. Enough to even wake up bright and early on a Sunday for it. As I drove over to her place I realized I had to literally cross the marathon to get to the party. This was a problem for several reasons.

1)I was there early so I had to cross the people who were running at like a 3 hour pace. They were fast, so even if it seemed like a break/opening these runners were coming up quick. You know cause they were running and all.

2) I was bringing Mimosa's with me. So I had a bag with a bottle of champagne, a glass pitcher, and a bottle of OJ that clattered and clanked together when I moved.

After waiting 30-40 minutes to find a good opening. (I know it's a long time, but there were times that other people crossed and slowed down/tripped up the runners. I did not want to be that person.) I found my opening and made it across. I met up with my friends and had a great time cheering on the runner for 2.5 hours. Followed by 4 hours food, convo, bloodies, laughter and Mimosa's. Every year I have fun at the marathon. In fact the first time I ever went to cheer on the marathoners was the day I started running. I came home that day put on my gymmies and though even if I just start with 4 blocks and then have to walk, it's a START. I am not an avid runner but 6-7 years later I do still run.

No comments:

Post a Comment