Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10 thing not to do when it comes to dating

I had a second date last night with a match guy. I was pretty blah about him after the first date but figured why not there was nothing particularly BAD about him. So that's the #1 thing.

1) Don't go out on a second date with someone you could really care less about.

We had been texting to set up the date, then talked after work to confirm plans. He hadn't really had anything in mind when he asked me out. That's number 2

2) Don't tell a girl you didn't really think she was going to say yes when you ask her out. Then not have anything to do, when you have known for 3 hours that you were going out that night.

After some hemming and hawing he suggested Thai take-out, there is a great place by him that delivers in less than 30 minutes. I asked if the restaurant was nearby and if we could go to it. Somehow I agreed to meet him at his place.

3) Don't invite a date over and then have a completely messy place. There were stacks of paper and junk mail/magazines all over his dining room table, kitchen counter, and I believe piled against the wall on the far side of the dining room table. He had an hour and half to shove all of that shit in a closet.

So while he is giving me the tour of his place I realize there is a large comfy sofa facing a TV stand with no TV. The only TV was in his bedroom.

4) Don't invite a girl you barely know to hang out in your bedroom.

let me repeat that one cause it's a biggie

4) DON'T INVITE A GIRL YOU DON'T KNOW AND HAVEN'T EVEN KISSED OVER TO HANG OUT IN YOUR BEDROOM!!!!!!!!

I should have left then. I really should have left then and it's my bad. So we go to hang out on his bed? And of course within 5 minutes he kisses me. I keep my mouth closed and pretty much try to avoid eye contact. 5 minutes later he kisses me again. To which I reply okay you have to stop that cause it's just weird. I mean I had been there for less than 15 minutes at this point.

5) When a girl rebuffs your first kiss, don't try again right away. I mean if you are really hoping to get a little lucky maybe at least try and strike up a mutual conversation to loosen her up.

So I try to ask him about weekend he just says yeah I had dinner on Friday night, then went out with a friend on Saturday, wow got really drunk. Which I was already aware of cause he drunk text me at 2:15 am. Then he didn't ask me anything about my weekend or anything about me at all. Instead he turned on a show I don't watch and neither did he, then continued to ask me questions about the show. Which I continually answered "Not sure I don't really watch this show" So our food arrives, and we eat at the counter in the kitchen after shoving aside some of his junk mail. He made a fatal ordering error that leads to several rules.

6) Don't order a large soup that you have to slurp eat. It's gross to watch/hear someone slurping for 15 minutes.

7) Don't order something that is so spicy it makes you sweat, and your nose run. Then talk about how much you are sweating while simultaneous sniffling.

8) Don't order something that is going to make you burp for the next 30 minutes.

9) Don't eat so much that you have to sigh and rub your belly.

These may seem a little harsh, but remember this is a place he orders from regularly. He did not try something new. He contiously made the choice to do all these things.

So after our meal we return to the bedroom to finish the program neither one of us really watch. His cellphone rings and not only does he answer it but when he gets off he checks his e-mails/texts for several minutes. He also did this on our 1st date.

10) Don't spend time on your cell when you are on a date.

Once he got off the phone he switched his position on the bed so he was lounging on his side facing me. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out a way to get out of there. Finally when the program ended I just said I'm leaving thanks for dinner. He walked me to the door and was going to put his shoes on. I stopped him, my car was parked right in front there was no need for him to walk me to it. I think he got the picture from that. In total I was there for an hour and a half 7:30 to 9, some valuable lessons were learned in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment