Friday, October 2, 2009

I steal things

Not expensive things, not big things and I am not a kleptomaniac. But I do steal things, little things from places that I am a regular at. Like Sweet n' low from Starbucks, or straws from 7-11. Listen I am at Starbucks at least three times a week. And I used to go everyday. So I don't feel bad about stealing these minor things when I know that coffee is marked up a ridiculous amount. Plus the barista's at my Starbucks love me, in fact one stopped me on the street in my 'hood asking where I had been and if everything was okay, when I took a two week break. I told her yeah that I had just been going to the one by work. She gave me a look and told me she better see me that weekend. So I am pretty sure if I had asked they would have given me those things.

Today I stole from a lunch place that I am not a regular at. My sandwich and medium drink rang up to almost $10....$10 for a sandwich and drink, no chips!! I was shocked, this was a regular sandwich not a unicorn, and certainly not worth $10. I was considering returning it while filling up my fountain drink, when I looked over for the lid and realized JACKPOT. This is why my sandwich was so expensive they have everything for the taking. Slices of lemon to go with your beverage, every type of sugar packet/sugar substitute, several different types of butter, crackers, salt & pepper packs, everything. So I stole. I stole packets of saltines and country crock. I did not have soup or bread to go along with these items, but I do bring in soup to lunch many times and crackers would be delicious with that. I never have butter not even at home, so I thought why not. This was not a mom and pop place so I don't feel bad for stealing from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment