Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"I like to think my flaws are more in the social, rather than the moral category" Randy Pausch

I am that person who sticks their foot in their mouth every time. I have diarrhea of mouth so bad. I say things that hurt my friends feelings. I tell it like it is too much. I over share. I ask the question the ultimately ends up offending someone. That's me.

Here is the thing about that, I never mean to offend anyone. I am just honest to a fault, and apparently missing some filters. This quote from Randy Pausch's book The Last lecture Series really resonated with me, because truth be told no matter how much I work on not having things just spew out of my mouth. I would rather they did, then be a liar. I would rather be too honest, than dishonest. I would rather be straightforward than misguided. I would rather have conviction than be swayed by public opinion. I would rather have social flaws than moral ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment