Monday, October 26, 2009

My heart is full . . .





I had a great weekend.  The weather was awful and then it was wonderful.  It made it all seem worth it.  As if we really earned the perfect sunshine and changing leaves by enduring the manic rain.  But I'm grateful for both.  The rain meant that I spent the morning perfecting my duct tape skills creating flowers, wallets and clutches.  Plus an afternoon in the bead room making necklaces and bookmarks.  The sun on Sunday allowed me to shoot arrows and go fishing. Add in the Ice Cream and Cake dance at every meal and a mini-stage night and it was bliss.  Really what more could a girl ask for?

I spent the weekend with a wonderful family and whole community of families who poured love and support on each other.  To think what these kids and parents and siblings endure on a daily basis has humbled me.  Despite it all they are loving and hopeful and grateful.  If they can be - I see no reason why we all can't be.  It has given me a full heart and a new perspective.  I am grateful to have met them, shared some time, learned their story and been entrusted to carry on their spark.  Count your blessings, people. 

I can't stop listening to this song today. Well, I can't stop listening to Iron & Wine.  But this song in particular has me tapping my foot and nodding my head.   Check it out. Iron & Wine - Love & Some Verses

And for those who don't know the ice cream and cake dance - get on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment