Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Break the fast . . .



 


Now that it's chilly in the morning all I want for breakfast is  a steamy chai latte with peanut butter toast or porridge. (Which was what my Grandma used to always call oatmeal.  I think it's time for a revival.  N'est-ce pas?) Something warm and sturdy to get my blood flowing.

In the summer, I'm all about making yogurt parfaits.  Most recently lemon yogurt with granola and blueberries and grapes.  Sounds odd but so refreshing and delicious. Very tart and sweet at the same moment.  Such an oxymoron.

You couldn't pay me to drink chai lattes from June to August. (Unless it's impossible for me to keep my eyes open and I desperately need caffeine.)  And right now an ice tea with lemon sounds repulsive.  Why have I become such a seasonal breakfast eater?  My lunch and dinner's are not nearly so weather dependent.

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde.  "  - Dolly Parton

No comments:

Post a Comment