Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It never ceases to amaze me

How pushy people are about getting on public transportation. For years I have been appalled by men who budge women out of the way to get on the el before them. Or men who don't give up their seat for pregnant women, old people, or someone with a young child. It's rude it shows you are not chivalrous, and that you have bad manners. Here's the thing I don't expect them to give up their seat for me, a peer, but I do not expect a man no matter what situation he is in to try and push me out of the way to get on the el first. It's rush hour buddy we are all going to stand.

Lately I have been noticing a new phenomenon the tiny pushy girl syndrome. This girl hangs in the background then as soon as the el pulls up she maneuvers (by maneuvers I mean slinks by, squeezes through, and shoves) her way in between all the people politely waiting for the people to get off the el, then becomes the first person to get on the el. I don't get it I don't understand it. Who wants to be this pushy this early in the morning. Your spot on the el is totally luck of the draw it doesn't matter how long you have been standing there, it's all about where the el stops and the doors open. It is roughly in the same spot everyday but it does move a foot or so.

Here is my thing if you have to literally step in front of someone to block them from getting on the el before you. Push, nudge, shove, or step on their feet to get on the el before them....Don't do it. Cause after today I am going to start throwing elbows, I've had enough. Consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment