Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I need a facelift

For my home. I have lived in my apt for 4 years now, and it needs something. A little pick up, a face lift per say.

I have already decided on new curtains for the dining room. I think that will be enough for that room. I just have to go pick them up, borrow a drill and hang them. I have attempted curtains in there before and there was some sort of problem that I can't remember what it was now. But I will persevere this time, I can feel it in my bones.

The room that needs the most work is my living room. The wall color is looking sad, I feel like I want to paint. I definitely need new throw pillows and blankets, accessories in general. There are several issues with me painting my living room.
1) I have never painted by myself before, and I am worried about the taping aspect.
2)My place has the original well preserved/immaculate molding and built ins that I don't want to screw up with my lack of painting abilities.
3) I can't afford to pay a painter to do it professionally and put my fears to rest
4) I am worried the color I want to paint the room will end up just making it very dark. That room gets light from other rooms, but no direct sunlight.
5) I rent this place do I really want to put time, energy, and money of painting into something temporary.

I am going shopping this weekend and at least getting the drapes for the dining room, and looking at accessories for the family room. Maybe I will find something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment