Saturday, September 12, 2009

When Life Comes Full Circle

The past two weekends I have hung out with two guys that I went to high school with. Neither of these guys I was friends with in school. I have been re-acquainted with these guys through friends I have made as adults. It is a complete coincidence that our paths have crossed again.One of them I had hung out with several times before we realized we went to high school together. The other one we were hanging out with the same group for HOURS before we realized we knew each other. In fact, we had recognized each other and asked each others names but it wasn't until his wife mentioned where he went to high school that we realized we did know each other.

My point in all this is - I am so happy to be reintroduced to these guys. They are great genuine guys. The type of guys who even though it is only a hand full of times a year I see them, they me give me a hug. A real hug, not a one arm hug. They honestly look me in the eyes and ask how I am doing. You can see in their eyes thatthey mean it. And I do the same with them. I really like these guys. And they aren't the coolest guys I have ever met, they are not the most fun. But there is something there every time I see them that is so real. Is it the shared history...maybe. Is it the type of guys they are...DEFINITELY.

This has made me realize -  these are the type of guys I want to be meeting. These are the types of guy I want in my life. This is the type of guy I want in my life forever. For the last couple of years I have been dating eternal bachelor after eternal bachelor. And they are fun, sooooo fun, and sexy, and cool. But they don't bring anything my life.

So this is how my life has come full circle in the last couple of weeks. I have been saying for a couple months now..."No more eternal bachelors!" But it wasn't until I had these encounters with these two guys that I realized what it was I am looking for that the eternal bachelors of my past were missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment