Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh yeah

Bootcamp started lastnight. I made it through day 1, and really can not believe I have to go back again today for more torture. It seems excessively cruel to do this to myself two days in a row. But that is probably what will get me results.

See I have been on a hiatus from working out. In June I finished school. For the three years previous I had been working full-time and going to school full-time there was little time for working out. Basically yes, I have been carrying the freshman 15 for 3 years now. Then last spring I threw out my back when I was on break from school. So the little I was doing before then has almost completely wiped away. Run/walks have been my mode of exercise for the last year and a half. (emphasis more on the walk if you know what I mean).

So I have committed myself to this bootcamp that is three days a week, and a lot more intense then I am used to. It is going to hurt, I am going to be sore and winded. But ultimately I want to walk out of there in one months time feeling stronger, not just lighter. I want to make exercise part of my life again. I enjoy it when I do it. I need to keep this up. And the good news is I already made a friend who lives by me, so we take the el home together. Maybe we can meet up for runs on the weekends too.

PS: I also think it is working already. I definitely thought I looked slimmer this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment