Sunday, September 27, 2009

Great Deal A-MAZING DEAL actually, RUN DON'T WALK TO GET THIS DEAL




Sports Authority offers a warranty on their shoes. In March when I needed new running shoes I was offered a warranty at the checkout. It was $10 and is good for 12 months. I thought I'd go for it since I go through more than one pair a year. Why not, give it a try, it's only $10 if it doesn't work. Today I used the warranty and got my new pair of shoes.

Here's how it works.
I had a $90 credit (the price I originally bought my shoes for). I could buy any kind of shoes, it did not have to be the same pair I had originally bought. If I wanted to buy a more expensive pair I only had to pay the difference in price. The only catch was I had to buy the $10 warranty again on the new pair. Since the pair I bought was $85, my total at the register was $5, the price of the warranty and the credit of $5 since my new shoes were less than the original. And now I have another 12 months to to redeem the warranty again. So I could get another pair of $10 shoes, instead of spending $85-$100 every 6-9 months.

I asked the woman at the counter if it was the manufacturer who offered this warranty. Was it only on the brand I happen wear? No, Sports Authority offers this warranty on all shoes in the store except for kids shoes and sandals. Sports Authority has Uggs, so you can buy a $200 pair of boots spend $15 on the warranty (the warranty is more for boots), then get them replaced next winter because of something as simple as salt stains.

Like I said RUN DON"T WALK. This is a great deal, and I LOVE a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment