Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Too much information . . .

I have become review obsessed.  Any purchase I go to make, any vacation I plan, any chance I can get to read a review - I am doing it.  Although I do not write reviews - I am an avid reader.  I think they are wildly entertaining and speak more about the person reviewing than the item/place/whatever they are reviewing.

The other day I hit the Review jackpot.  I was on Amazon.com reading a review of a Blackberry Case (I told you I read all reviews) when I noticed a link to check out other reviews written by this Reviewer.  Yes, please.  Let's see what we're working with.  The initial perusal  was overwhelming.  There were reviews for everything from shampoo to books to purses to clothes.  I was impressed and a bit awed with the breadth and scope to which this Reviewer was critiquing and sharing her thoughts on all items in her life.  And I do mean ALL items.

As I clicked over to page 2 - there it was - a review of a vibrator!  No, surely not.  Yes, sir.  A vibrator!  Better yet the Reviewer started by stating how she was desperate to get this home and try it out.  I could only assume she had it shipped to work?!?  The rest of the review was entirely too detailed.  Can you imagine sitting down to review a vibrator?  Needless to say, it was TOO much information.

I am no longer reading reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment