Friday, September 4, 2009

Goodbye Summer . . .


Today I am a dichotomy of feelings. On the one hand, I am very happy and excited. Tomorrow we are road tripping back to Chicago for a week of relaxation, nieces and nephews, birthday celebrations, Dairy Ripple, Portillo's, Panes, BBQing, boat trips, drinks at chuck's, Que rico taco's, fresh margs and whatever else we can squeeze into the week. Despite best intentions I don't think the relaxation will play out. We always mean to relax but there never seems to be enough time when we got home - too many people to see and too much to catch up on. Despite 5 years history of not succeeding we shall valiantly try, try again.

On the other hand, I am sad that it is once again Labor Day Weekend and that means that the summer is officially over. Nights have started to come sooner and the mornings are more chilly. I love the fall and the change of season. But it also means that the dreaded winter is closer. Since I was not born with the power to plan and forecast I shall ignore the last part and relish the changing of guard from summer to fall.

Thinking about this past summer we had a lot of fun. Here are a few of my favorites:

Lish's Graduation - So Proud, so teary. Such an accomplishment, such a great party.


Being in Lake Geneva - Boat rides and BBQ's.



Strawberry Picking = Lots of butts in the air


Thank you, Summer. I had a trully wonderful time. Please tell your cousin Fall to be kind. And by kind - I mean warm.

xoxo -
BFF -

Tizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment