Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hungry

That is the best word to describe me this week. I CAN'T stop eating, and it's never enough. The amount of food I would eat in a day last week is not enough for me this week. I don't know why and I can't stop.

Sometimes I am a compulsive eater. And by that I mean I eat everything that seems appetizing to me at an alarming speed. I have a large appetite and no will power. If I get a craving for something I HAVE to have that. There is no substitute. If I try to substitute something else healthier, it doesn't work, I end up eating both. So I stopped trying to do the healthy substitute.

I have resigned myself to this compulsive eating as part of my normal life. What I do now is try to eat healthy when I am not having a hungry week and hope that it balances out. I went to Trader Joes yesterday and the only "bad" thing I bought was tortilla chips, to go with my salsa. That being said I am planning on mixing the salsa into black beans with tomato's and peppers, and a little cheese, ( I refer to this dish as my at home burito bowl a'la chipotle style) so I will end up eating less chips and more fresh veggies and legumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment