Wednesday, September 30, 2009

CHIC-A-GO CHIC-A-GO!!!!




Chicago is a finalist for the bid in the 2016 summer Olympics. We find out this Friday if we get it. I am sooooo excited. I love the Olympics, always have always will. My love for the Olympics started as a child with the gymnastics, then swimming was added on, then running, Flo-Jo anyone? Tizzy and I used to pretend we were gymnasts in our backyard sticking every cartwheel with the arched back and hands in the air. And now it's all of it, I love it all. I mean I was THERE with Michael Phelps in the last Olympics, we were tuned in. He was breaking records and I was cheering him on from my couch. I am sure he knew it, and it gave him the extra push he needed. But it wasn't/isn't just the big name sports. I mean did anyone see the synchronized swimming? Those are real athletes, and artists, there is no way I could do that. I was so into the Olympics that I even had a dream about being Ryan Lochte's (the REALLY cute swimmer who is always finishing JUST behind Phelps) girlfriend. It was then that I decided I might be too "into" the Olympics.

Anyway on Friday we learn our fate. I could have the Olympics here in my town, in my backyard. There have been doubts, and detractors with the Olympics coming to Chicago, but not me.

I want it, I want it BAD.

Join in with me

CHIC-A-GO, CHIC-A-GO, CHIC-A-GO!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment