Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One World in Fee Income . . .

I tried to book an airline ticket today using a credit from a previous flight.  My $215 credit was going to be reduced to $45 after they were going to charge me a $150 change fee and a $20 travel agency fee.  If I had gone ahead and booked it they would have charged me $20 to check a bag.  If I were to bring my dog with me it would be another $100 to have her in the cabin and $150 to check her into cargo.  This has gotten totally out of control.

I applaud Southwest and other carriers who still remember that this is a service industry.  I've had enough of  getting nickeled and dimed.  I will no longer fly the major airlines when I can avoid it.  (Except for Continental and Delta - they're awesome). 

Have we become so used to the fees we are immune to it?  If I was yesterday, I am not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment