Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cleanses????

I feel like cleanses are all over the place in the last year or two. I had never once heard of such a thing before. There are all kinds of cleanses out there, they can last as short as 3 days or as long as three months. They can be as intense as juices only, or can consist of mostly fruits and veggies, and one solid meal a day.

There have definitely been times when I felt heavy with everything I had allowed myself to consume for an extended period of time. Mostly after the Holidays, where it is one event after the other, I am consuming alcohol at least three times a week, and cream cheese or butter seem to be the staple in everything I eat.

I have thought about doing a cleanse but something always holds me back. I think it is the lack of what I consider actual food, you know something that you cook and at least one of the ingredients comes out of package. That being said, I do feel like this is a challenge I am ready to tackle for October. I don't want to do anything super aggressive so I am thinking a 4 day fruits and veggie cleanse, with protein allowed at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment