Monday, December 7, 2009

Suck-it, Shift-it, Shape-it

Ahh The dreaded shaper/gurtle/spanx. Some people grew up knowing these dreaded under garments would be part of their lives. I am not one of those people. I came to the party late on this whole undergarments that make you look smaller, smoother, curvier, but also kinda hurt party. I didn't even own a pair of spanx till I was 29.

I was shocked to find out several of my friends who are tiny wear them whenever getting dressed up. I guess it makes sense who doesn't want to appear skinnier. It just never occurred to me buy/wear anything like it, because well honestly, I really did think these things were for fat people.

Recently I read an article about the woman who started spanx, and how she also has started a new line for Target called Assets. Maybe you all know about it and since I don't really pay attention to this I didn't. But, Assets carries most of the styles and options that spanx do, works all the same magic, but has a lower price point. I decided to give this lower price point ago. Yesterday I picked up a pair of the opaque tights, and two of the spaghetti strapped tank tops. The tights were magic, worked like a charm and no less uncomfortable than your standard pair on control-topped tights. The tank I am wearing now, It definitely sucks you in a smidge and is a high quality material. Will it get rid of my muffin top. No that has more to do with the pants I am wearing and the food I am shoveling into my mouth, but it does make me feel a little more "contained" if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment