Thursday, December 31, 2009

Siter down...WE HAVE A SISTER DOWN

Stylish older sister took a tumble on the mountains of CO yesterday and fractured her collarbone.....OUCH! Her exact words to me was "Sorry I missed your call I was in the medic toboggan."

Poor thing has had a rough '09 physically. She had her Gallbladder removed this summer. 40 stones people. The doctor told her husband she must have a high tolerance for pain. Her daughter broke her arm and spent 2 months in a cast. I'm sure she is glad today is the last day of this year, and tomorrow she can start fresh.

That got me thinking that I have heard several people in the last couple of weeks remark how they are just ready for this year to be OVER. I was a little surprised because it seemed like a fine year. I had some highs, lows were not too bad. Then I realized I must have my blinders on to the lows. Hello I lost my job, and had to spend $4,000 to put a new engine in my car cause the oil plug fell out on the highway. Those were pretty bad. I would be happy to never relive either of those again in my life.

So Sayonara 2009. Bring on 2010 with all it's sparkly promise of a new year, new decade, new opportunities, new surprises, new hopes and dreams.

Have a happy and healthy new years everyone!!!!

And remember to have a designated driver if you are heading out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment