Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not Looking good.

Things are a little rough around the tizzy n lish family. Tizzy was supposed to leave NY yesterday with her husby for a wonderful ski vacation before swinging through Chicago for xmas merriment for 2 days then back to NY and the grindstone. After sitting on the plane fore 5 hours pulling away from the gate taxing there were mechanical issues back to the gate to cancel the flight. Because now there are 12 inches on snow on the ground. This is when I get the call in tears. Because of the weather the best they could do is get into Chicago on Monday, leave for ski vacation on Wednesday. So she is trying to book me on the ski vacation too. (she is staying at stylish older sis's Colorado house) I tell her calm down it's fine, you are not leaving me alone. I am having mom over yada yada. Then it takes them 5 more hours to get their baggage and get home. To which they realize the golden boy (who is in NY celebrating his 40th b-day) flight has also now been canceled. And they won't rebook him till WEDNESDAY. In the mean time his three kids are at my mom's house, and he is supposed to be there by 5 pm to celebrate the holidays. Now I am sleeping through all this, but stylish older sister is up worrying on hold/on line trying to do what she can to get people home/out/away. Oh and by the way her 10 year old is up all night with the stomach flu. She is supposed to be at a family party with her in laws by noon, then to my mom's at 5. It's a bumble basically. So now I am sitting with sicky while stylish older sis and her husby divide and conquer the family parties with their unsick kids. Tizzy is still coming through Chicago on Monday. Apparently golden boy got a flight out through Philadelphia tomorrow. I haven't talked to my mom yet but boy there is a lot going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment