Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 the Recap cap cap . . . .

Honestly, where has 2009 gone?
Can you believe we're just about at 2010?
As a child, I definitely thought we would be living on the moon by now.

As such, I am not yet ready to countdown for the New Year.
It seems that there were so much more I was going to do.
Rather than ponder that I'm going to remember the things that
I got to do this year that made me happy and feel 100% ALIVE!!!




1.  Travel

My Husband and I are always itching to get away.  This year we made it to Italy after talking about going for probably 10 years now.  It was a magical trip. And never do I feel more alive than when I'm somewhere I don't really know with my eyes wide open.
It also helps to have a great traveling partner.
I love this man and would travel to the ends of the earth for him.
I'm lucky that he normally wants to make those trips with me.



I also got to see a dear friend get married in California.


Photo by  Diana Vermeulen

And sat up all night debating the world's perils with these lovely ladies.
After a long day at the Portland vineyards.





Spent Valentines Day in DC.
Our hotel had a massage chair in it (think Brookstone)
At first we thought it was so weird.
Then we would race each other back to the room to get to it first.





Also spent a weekend with Lish in Florida.
From Spring Training to South Beach - we covered lots of ground.






2.  Big Celebrations for Great People

A lot of great things happened this year for our friends and family.
I believe by the end of the year we had sent out 15 new baby presents.
They were engagements, weddings, new babies, and most importantly graduations.
Thinking about all our nearest and dearest,
it seems that everybody is in not just a good place but a great place.
Past struggles have subsided and lots of hard work has resulted in great success.
Here are a couple pics of the things we were ecstatic to be celebrating:

 
Engagement Parties!!



Lish Graduates!!
And a rocking party ensues!




 

 

3.  Fun, Fun, Fun

What is life without fun?
Not much.
Here are some things that were so fun and just made me happy.




Boat rides and BBQ's.
Actually just being in Wisconsin is fun.




Weekends in Michigan are also pretty tight and highly recommended.

 

The joy of camp.
During the summer or fall.
It renews my spirit.
I'm happy just knowing that it exists and I get to play minor part in it.

 



My NEW BIKE!!
And Chloe's new mode of transportation.
Come on - how cute are we?!?!



Cafes in Italy.
Has there ever been a more perfect Iced Tea?



Walworth County Fair.
I think this picture saids it all.



Dinner with the ladies
Especially with Fresh margs!



LENNY!!
He's so cool and concerts are so fun.
Makes me feel relatively young.




Trapeze Lessons!
Ok maybe not for Lish.



4.  Sharing our life

We have had so many friends and family come and visit this year.
It's awesome.
All of my siblings and my Husband's brother and sister came to share in the mania of NYC.
I love being a tour guide.
I like changing people's misconceptions of NYC.
Showing them the little slice of heaven that we have carved out for ourselves.
Here were some of our adventures.



 

Sightseeing and Great Restaurants -
What more could a person ask for?





Maybe some ice cream in Brooklyn.



Or the greatest Sundae ever created?





A carriage ride is always nice.



Nothing wrong with checking out an aircraft carrier.
Nothing at all.

 

But all joy is found at Rolf's.



 


5. Lastly, but not least.
Tizzy N'Lish




I love this little blog.
I love our one follower.
I love that it allows me to express myself.
I love that it reaches a couple people and makes them smile and laugh.
I love that it helps me remember as my memory is fading fast.
I just love it, all right.

 Happy New Year!!!
Although a great year - 2009 has also been very hard and challenging for me at times.
Despite these challenges I'm blessed with an incredible family and fantastic friends.
I'm most grateful for these people and to have sooo much love in my life.

So farewell 2009.
It's been swell.
But 2010 is going to be AWESOME!!
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment