Tuesday, December 29, 2009

5 &5

Instead of doing a New Years Resolution my girlfriends and I do a 5&5 list. It lists 5 good things and 5 bad things that have happened in the last year. It's much better than a resolution. It's a way to look back at the year and see what you have or have not accomplished. It's a reality check for sure, and a great way to put life in perspective. Below is my list

5 BAD THINGS OF 2009
(in no particular order)

1)I was laid-off. It was stressful at best. But the silver lining is I really don't think I would have completed my most important project for school if I had been working.

2)I continued to re-injure my back when I would try to get back into working out. I would try to go back too hard too soon.

3) Something has happened with my skin where I have been continuously breaking out. It's not a huge deal but it's the kind of thing that I notice everyday and frustrates me continuously.

4) I thought I would feel more content or clear on my future when I finished school, but I don't.

5) I actually hate my new job. I tried to pretend it was fine, but in the last month I realized that it's less than fine.

5 GOOD THINGS FROM 2009
(in no particular order)

1) I GRADUATED!!!!!! It's such a good feeling to be done. It's the first real goal I have set for myself and accomplished.

2) Even with the bad economy I was only unemployed for 2.5 months and I got almost a 20% raise. Thanks college degree.

3) I have been really good about working out for the last two months. At least 4 days a week. I have found a routine that works and lets me build back into things so I don't keep tweaking my back. I just feel better when I work out consistently.

4) There have been tons of new babies with my friends and they have all been healthy, and happy.

5) I dated a lot more in 2009 than I had in a while. I feel like I put myself out there more than I had in the last couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment