Monday, December 14, 2009

I got sat on....AGAIN

I have only been taking public transportation on a regular basis for a mere 5 months. In that time I have been sat on by other passengers TWICE. This seems excessive to me. Or maybe I am the only one outraged enough to talk about it.

The first time was unbelievable....Truly unbelievable. It was at about 7-7:30 pm. Not rush hour so the train was at least 1/3 if not 1/2 empty. I am sitting in a seat near the doors, not really paying attention since my stop wasn't for a while, when the next thing a know a women reading her book tries to take the seat next to me, but ends up in my lap instead. The best part about this is she mumbles something in her under breath and slides into the seat next to me. SHE DOESN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE. Not only that, she doesn't even acknowledge that she just sat on my lap. She just continues reading her book the whole way home. I couldn't believe it. No sorry, no embarrassed laugh, nothing. And the best part is she was reading one of those really stupid books, like Harry Potter, or Twilight or something. I mean come on you can't be that into it, that you don't realize you sat on someone.

This morning was the second incident. Our train was randomly stopped for signal clearing, it wasn't at a station, just stopped in between two. The women standing with her back to me, let go of the pole to get her bag, then when the trained started running again she went flying backwards quickly into my lap. I hit my head on the window, there was some real force behind it. She did acknowledge that she was in my lap, and apologized. I could see how this one happened, when you are randomly stopped there is no announcement, or beep, or signal of any kind to let you know when the train will start moving again. But here is the weird part, she didn't get off the train at the next stop, or even the one after that. So I am still left wondering why she felt the need to pick up her bag, and come flying into my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment