Monday, December 28, 2009

Hidden Talents

I cooked my first real meal on Christmas. Now I have cooked before a baked chicken breast here, stir-fry there, egg-bake or coffee cake blah blah. I just never really got into it. Mostly because I only like leftovers once and I have lived alone for 5 years, which made me the master of dinners for one. But this was the first time I have done what felt like a grown-up meal with several sides. And let me tell you I knocked it out of the ball park, it was delicious. I made a turkey breast, mashed potato's, stuffing, pepper salad, and roasted asparagus. I had a TON of leftovers since there was only one size turkey breast when I went to the grocery store, and inclement weather had rerouted some of my guests. So yesterday I took 2/3's of my left over turkey and made a turkey tortilla soup. Again delicious! I have friends who have cooked for years and loved it. But I feel like so many times I hear them being disappointed about what they made. That was not my experience at all. After this weekends triumphs I am going to have to start cooking more often. It just wouldn't be fair to deny this talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment