Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's the Little things . . .


who couldn't use a little lick behind the ears?


This weekend at work someone gave me a Starbucks card for helping them out.
It made my whole weekend.
It was thoughtful and totally unneccessary and such a great surprise.

This morning I had an early appointment.
The woman who ran the office, Samantha was wonderful.
There were four people that she was helping
and based strictly on our appearances
we couldn't be living four more different lives.

You know what - 
we all loved Samantha.
She treated each of us with kindness and respect.
The four of us grew closer under her grace.

The point in my little stories is that more often than not -
it's the little things in life that make a big difference.
I know we are all busy and tired and pulled in many different directions.
Especially now with the holidays upon us.

But speaking strictly from my own experience this week -
take an extra moment to help others.
Hold the door for the person behind you, smile when you say hello
and just treat every person with kindness.

I swear you will see a difference.
I have and that's even in NYC where there are more people and reasons to be rude.
I think in my case people are so shocked that you are nice to them
that they go out of their way to return the favor.
All that extra love will find it's way right back to you.
I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment