Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who do you think you are?

Or better yet, who do you think your co-workers are. About 4 months ago we stopped having our mail carrier climb the 3 flights of stairs to our office to deliver and pick up the mail. So now everyday someone (usually me because no one else does) has to take our mail and physically put it in a mailbox about a block away. It's really not that big of a deal. I mean it's a block. Today however something happened that just makes me shake my head at my co-workers......Someone put their Netflix to be returned in the spot where we used to leave the mail that was being picked up. The NERVE. I am not taking peoples personal mail to the mailbox. I mean I still don't understand why the person who is in charge of invoicing, stuffing, and stamping, isn't also in charge of making sure they get mailed. But like I said earlier, it's a block and I am trying to be a team player. Also EVERYONE is well aware that there is no mail pickup anymore. People were legitimately up in arms for at least a month when the pick up stopped. Angry phone calls and e-mailes were made to the USPS. So for someone to put their personal mail up front is the equivalent of asking me to pick up their dry cleaning. I would also like to point out that I am part of the senior management at this company. Not to toot my own horn but there really are people below me that should be more worried about the mail than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment