Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where I am right now

I am 32 and (gasp) SINGLE. Lately I have been feeling some pressure, well not really pressure, but feeling a lot of noise surrounding my single status. There is an exciting change on the horizon for me, while discussing it with friends last week, one said THREE times, no this is where you will meet your husband, you are totally going to meet your husband there. I had to finally say we don't need to worry about me finding a husband, not a big concern over here (while motioning in my direction).

I came across an article about Lauren Graham (also known as Lorelei Gillmore to all those Gilmore Girl fans), that had some quotes that I really feel capture how I feel about my realtionship status.

"What is so funny to me is I'm in a profession where two percent of people are working, yet there's still this implication that you're not completely successful if you're single and in your 40s,"

"I want to continue to celebrate where I am and not be apologetic. Whether I'm 43 or 60, I want to say, this is where I want to be in my life"

Granted I am not in a profession where two percent of people are working, and I am not in my 40's.....yet. But I feel the exact same way. I am really happy with where my life is right now, and hopefully headed in the future. It may be head scratching to some, but I am not super concerned about getting married. Would I like a partner to share my life with, yes. Will it make or break my life if I don't, no. Is that the "wrong" attitude? Not to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment