Monday, February 1, 2010

Are you ready . . .

 Are you ready for the shower!!
Are you ready
for the fruit compote -
the croissants -
and a whole lot of white wine.

This is a song that one of my cousin's made up before another cousin's wedding shower.
There are versions for baby showers and birthdays.
We now sing it to each other all the time.
I wish I had a recording of it - because it is brilliant.
A very special friend is having their wedding shower this weekend.
And can I just say that showers have come a long way from when I was married.

Being obessed with weddings and wedding blogs.
I can't believe how clever some people have become.
They have elevated the wedding shower to an art form.
Case in point . . .

 

  

  

 

 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

 
(images from martha stewart and snippet & ink)

Pretty incredible, right?!?
And I love them all.
But my favorite part of the wedding shower - no matter the decor -
Is the excitement and love that seems to abound.
It's being with all the friends and family members who care and love the bride so much.
It's celebrating her joy - her union - her life.

So although I think the decor is fun.
It's the people and the sentiment  that really make showers so fun.
And so uniquely feminine too.
And the white wine - that always helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment