Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sink or swim . . .



I love the water. Always have. My childhood summers were spent either on the beach or at the pool. If we were really lucky we would go from the beach to the pool - talk about spoiled. On the beach - sand was so not my thing. I mean sure for the half hour after we ate we would build sandcastles and bury people but I was always waiting to get back in the water.

In July, I volunteered at a kids camp and the last morning was our groups turn to go to the pool. For 2 hours we swam, had tea parties underwater, did handstands, did Ariel impressions and I wowed them all with my ability to do a flip turn and go the length of the pool underwater. It was heaven.

Summer always reminds me time spent either beside a pool or playing in a lake. How indulgent it feels to swim or got to the beach in the winter. Next week I'm heading back to Chicago to spend the week up in Lake Geneva. I will relish every moment in the water and at the lake. Things always seem so much better there.

No comments:

Post a Comment