Friday, August 28, 2009

Channeling Pinky . . .

Everybody has a style icon. As I've gotten older I've become more aware of what I like, what suits me and what I should never wear again (mid-riff anything). I'm fortunate that many of my style icons are related to me. I've been raised in a fantastic sorority of women each with unique style. What began with my grandmothers was passed to my mother and aunts and down to my sisters and now the next reincarnation - my nieces. Although all very different in style - they all are strong, creative women who present themselves as such.

Today I'm channeling Pinky. My mom. A couple years ago she had a big birthday so I compiled pictures from her life and made scrap books for her. I can't tell you how many times I wished that these clothes were still around or that I could fit in them. (The fur trimmed coat is still around but comes to my elbow - UGH!)

Here are a couple of my favorites. I feel they run the gamut of being either of the time - pink prom dress or eternally classic - red pea coat. In any case they are all totally my mom. I feel that you see the beautiful woman before you see the killer feather trimmed dress. Don't you just want to hang out with her? Or at least be able to raid her closet?



High school and college years.




Young wife and mother.



What I wish I would be wearing this fall.
Hello, red pea coat and brown knee high boots - I covet thee.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment