Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My New York Decathalon

That is what Tizzy's husband nicknamed our weekend within the first twelve hours. Usually when I go visit the majority of the trip is taken up with shopping. Since we are in a global recession, and I am only recently re-employed I thought I shouldn't focus this trip on shopping. (Plus there was nothing that I was dying for). Instead we did activities.

We woke up bright and early and off to our trapeze lesson. It was on the way home from Chelsea Piers that we got a little carried away with planning our activities, we were going to do the free kayaking, then we were mad we didn't bring tennis rackets with us for a quick pick-up game on our way home, tomorrow morning that's when we will rent bikes. Pick up the pace Tizzy or we will never get showered and changed in time to make it over the Brooklyn Bridge. Oh and did I mention it was 95 and like 100% humidity in NY all weekend.

Just so you don't think we are normally this activity based. This trip was like every other time Tizzy and I get together our eyes, and our mouths are a lot bigger than our realities. By the time we got home from the Brooklyn bridge we were already starting to get sore from the trapeze lessons. Not to mention I don't even know the last time we played a pick-up game of tennis. It has to be 20-25 years...we are only in our early 30's.

And so much for not shopping, I left NY barely able to zip my bag, with a new dress, new shoes, new jeans, new necklace, and a peacock headband. We also had some really great meals, and saw the Play Avenue Q. I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment