Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Goodbye Trusted Friend . . .


Like most - I was enthralled with all you offered me. Emails and the internet at my fingertips, directions when I was lost, freedom from a life spent tapping out text replies on my cell phone. I introduced you to my friends and they started dating your friends. It was bliss.

Sleek and small in design you've proven to be a true soldier. You weathered my abuse and the countless times I sent you splaying across the floor (and once almost into the subway tracks). A quiet warrior you performed to the best of your abilities despite the shotty service that forced us to get a land line.

In many ways you were my closest companion. I can not explain the dread I felt when I thought you were lost or broken. You have helped me through the highs and lows of the past years. Bringing hope and love from my sisters when I was sad. Ecstatic cheers and recollections of the oodles of new souls our friends and family have delivered. Or the simple notes from my Man to let me know he's on his way home. So much has been entrusted to you.

But the time has come to move on. We are no longer beholden to the awful service that brought you to us. Truth be told we have also been seduced by newer technologies. I will forever think of you fondly and relish our 2 1/2 year relationship. You've helped me out of many a pinch and for that I am grateful.

Thank you faithful friend and good luck. I can only hope that through recycling you are refurbished and sent out to help another girl conquer the world while still staying in touch with everyone that she loves.

xoxo
Tizzy


No comments:

Post a Comment