Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ei Yi Yi

So while tizzy has been counting her blessing I have been in a calamity.

Quick Update: the boot camp rocked. I am definitely signing up. I sweated, I strained, I worked it, AND I am not crazy sore.

Back to the calamities at hand. First off, earlier this week I got a flat tire that couldn't be patched had to be replaced. That was a nice $200 out of my pocket. Plus they told me it would take 40 minutes, and it took over 2 hours. I hate it when people waste my time. Give me the truth about it. It's not like I can drive away!!! You still were going to replace my tire, you just were not going to have to deal with a grumpy me ever 30 minutes telling you how long it's been since the last time you told me it would be done.

Secondly I check my bank on-line and someone has taken $3500 out of my accounts. Gulp....$3500 double gulp gulp. I immediately hauled ass to my local branch. You are not going to believe this. It was done old school style. Someone went into the bank posing as me, went to a teller window and withdrew this money. I personally think it was in inside job for several reasons. Hello everyone knows banks have camera's now. It was taken out of multiple accounts, and even though they were large $ amount it was just enough to NOT overdraw any of the accounts. Also the signature on the withdrawal slips does not look anything like the one on my id, or the signature cards on file. The two women I was dealing with pointed it out to me, it's not just me feeling overly wronged. There were no additional markings on the withdrawal slips and for the total that was withdrawn a supervisor or manager would have had to sign off on them, as well as, info from my id would have to be notated. But here is the kicker my bank was not going to credit my account while they investigated these transactions. I find this totally absurd. They will credit someone if fraudulent debit card transaction happen while they investigate. Why would they not give the customer the benefit of the doubt for something that their employees did wrong? I dug in my heels when I heard that and told them, they better talk to someone higher up because that is ridiculous, and I was not leaving until that money was credited. At first they were like shrugging their shoulders, I don't know. Then I flipped the question on them. I have to pay bills, I have to live. What would you do if this amount of money was missing from your account? This isn't about me being careless and losing my wallet. That's where it clicked and my local branch employees snapped into action really doing what they could to help me. So bravo bank employees it may have taken you an hour and half to understand the gravity of the situation but when you did, you really pulled it out for me, and I appreciate it.

So those are my situations of the week. I am putting them behind me. I can't do anything but enjoy the ride on my new tire. I called transunion, put an alert out, and made sure no other accounts were opened. My identity is safe.... for now. I just wish I had thought to take out some money. I don't have a debit card, and I really feel like I deserve a cookie after all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment