Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not so very merry . . .

Isn't it a little sad when all the holiday decorations come down?
Everything seems so bare -
after all the lights and ornaments.

At work we dismantled all the trees and merriment.
Everything seems empty without it.

I still haven't taken down my holiday decorations.
I know I know.  It's totally time.
And although I wasn't feeling very inspired -
I did dig out our holiday boxes and scatter our ornaments and lights everywhere.
(no tree - sniff sniff)

And let me tell you -
I'm so glad that I did because I found a little gem that I had completely forgotten about.
Are you ready?
It's good -
I promise -

Please say hello to
the christmas shovel!!



Pretty spectacular, right?
I have a VERY generous mother-in-law who also LOVES holiday-themed gifts.
This little star made it our way maybe 2 or 3 years ago.
It's always a surprise when I open the box and see it.
Somehow we lost the handle - which seems apropos.

Puts a smile on my face every time I walk out the door.
My Husband is always wondering about the artist.
I'm just grateful that it's ours.

Speaking of other fantastic holiday items.
We received a box of Christmas gifts yesterday.
Included were the following from some of our nieces and nephews:




Homemade ornaments of Husband, Tizzy and Chloe!!
Surely seems like a Christmas miracle.
How fantastic!!!
I snipped off the ribbons and am going to put mangets on the back.
This is the gift that keeps on giving.



4 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas shovel!!!! I grew up with a little something of that sort that sits in our front yard every year....the Santa stake! It's a giant stake that actually lost the little stake on the bottom to make it stand up on it's own in the lawn, so now it sort of has to lean against our house, but the best part of all...there is not just 1 but 3 Santa stakes!!! I look forward to seeing those skinny guys every year!

    Hope you have a merry January and hope I can see you soon!!

    Xoxo
    your faithful blog follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew we were friends for a reason!

    ReplyDelete