Monday, January 25, 2010

It's just emotionally draining

Being at work. I know that's not what you would expect. Normally it's is physically, or intellectually draining. But no that is not the case where I work. The woman who is supposed to work under me, doesn't speak to me. Why you ask....because I expect her to do her job. When I point out something that hasn't been done, or something that needs to be fixed she completely ignores me. I believe that it is because she doesn't know how to actually do her job. Nor does she want to learn. The person I replaced obviously thought it was easier to fix things, or do things for this woman. I don't think it is easier to do someone else's job as well as my own. Nor do I think it's easier to continuosly correct/anticipate the same mistakes. It is so much easier to explain to someone the right/correct way to do things. If you try to show her something she doesn't pay attention to you. She has hung up the phone on me twice. She doesn't answer when I call her, and when I go into her office she gets on the phone so as not to talk to me.

I would have liked to face this head on months ago, but my boss thought it was easier to intervene and decide she doesn't report to me anymore. Which was just fine by me, he was her headache now. Or so I thought, problem being there are several things that she has to complete first before I can complete certain reports, querries, or analysis. Every so often I do have to interact with her. Things have gotten progressively worse over the last 4 months. First she was just not talking to me unless it had to do with work. Yes you read that right a 40 something mother of 3 was not talking to me because I pointed out to her that she was posting the freight to the wrong account. Now she just doesn't talk to me at all. At this point my boss has gotten into it with her several times for the same issues. I have communicated with him whenever a problem arises, like the fact that for the last month she doesn not talk to me period, or reply to my e-mails. But he keeps passively aggressively saying he's going to do something about it, and then not. So as time goes by the situation has gotten worse. I sent her an e-mail about creating the folders in excel for the new year on Friday, to let her know that she should use these files, and save things in these files(the answer is yes, it is obvious but it would not have occurred to her). Her reply this morning why are you changing things........I didn't change anything, this happened every year. I can see the old folders as proof. I really didn't know how to reply to that. but it spole volumns. This is a woman who DOES not like change. She is also emotionally unstable in my opinion. It's just really hard to deal with someone who won't talk to you because you asked them a question so you can do your job. I literally don't think I have ever gotten an answer anytime I have ever asked her anything. It's emotionally draining.

No comments:

Post a Comment