Monday, January 11, 2010

Best Ex Boss Ever

I have had more than several bosses, but I do think I have one of the best ex-bosses ever. He was great to work with (notice I say with and not for) He was fair, calm, funny, authoritative without being an asshole. He really truely wanted everyone to succeed. There were several real emergencies while we worked together but he never seemed panicked or would let you panic. He would never ask someone to do something he would not do himself. There were several times when we worked odd hours(4 am anyone), he was there too. He could have easily pulled the boss card, and left it to the managers and people in that department but he never did.

It has been about 6 years since I worked for him, but I would undoubtedly work for him again in a heartbeat. This weekend stylish older sister was celebrating her sons 9th birthday and taking 13 kids to a Chicago Wolves game. That is where my ex-boss works now. I haven't seen him in 4 years, and really only e-mail very sporadically. I e-mailed him when stylish older sister told me her plans. Ex-boss was so gracious he came and met my sister, and took my nephew down into the tunnel, into the locker rooms, and had him watch part of the game from the announcer booth, which is apparently the best place to see the game. Major Thanks to the ex-boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment