Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Mother always dreamed . . .


Renoir - Mother and Children

For the first couple years of our lives
my mother dressed Lish and I as twins.
(See header above)
For some reason she was also obsessed with fur trimmed dresses and muffs.
(you know those weird things you put your hands in?!?)
I saw this painting this weekend and immediately thought of her.
This is totally the look she would have been going for.

I believe that she is still secretly holding out hope that Lish will have a winter wedding.
She dreams this dream because she wants More Stylish Sister and I to be the bridesmaids.
And to be wearing the White Christmas red velvet dresses trimmed in white fur.
(With coordinating muffs, of course.)




I'm certain she would like our neices to be little ballerina flower girls
and for the wedding picture to look something like this.




In that spirit - how fantastic would this be as a look for Lish
as a bride and with her groom?



 
the first dance.

Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment