Monday, November 9, 2009

Things I've Never Done in NYC Before . . .


 Living it through the eyes of my Goddaughter.

The first time I came to NYC I was in high school.

I can only imagine seeing
this strange, large, fascinating, frightening, moody and magnificent city
as a 10-year old.

This weekend I got to experience a smidge of it with her.
Let me tell you - it was fantastic.

We conquered the city by carriage ride, boat tour and pedicab.
We had caricatures made, clapped along to break dancers
and watched all of mankind walk right past us.


We walked the Brooklyn Bridge, waved at Lady Liberty,
basked in the glow of Times Square,
stood in awe of the ESB on the Top of the Rock,
 and watched Central Park gently shed her colors.

We were victorious over chocolate cake sundaes, street vendor pretzels,
foot long hotdogs,  and 10:00pm runs to Burger Joint and Magnolia Bakery.

And although I've lived in NYC for 5 years now.
I've never lived it this way before.

I am so grateful for the time spent with my more-stylish sister and goddaughter.
Thank you for sharing NYC in a whole new way with me.

I love you tons and miss you all ready.

 

First stop.
Not bad for being in NYC for all of 30 minutes. 



An excellent depiction of the way our Guest-of-Honor ruled this town this weekend.

 

Standing on top of the city/world.

No comments:

Post a Comment