Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reasons to be Thankful

I got an e-mail on Friday morning that made my stomach drop. One of my good friends father had passed away that morning. I know the feeling as my own father passed away on a major Holiday. My friends e-mails was beautiful, and sad, and thanked all of those included on it for being there for her the last several weeks while her father had been sick. She ended the e-mails by being thankful for such good friends. I am truly humbled and in awe of her thinking to thank us on that day. I don't remember being able to think outside of myself and my immediate family for at least a week, and probably much much longer than that. It took me a good 45 minutes to be able to compose myself and call her. I left a message but I was trying so hard not to cry that I don't think I really conveyed how sorry I am for her, and how here I am for her if she needs anything. It really made me think what I am thankful for which are:

My health

My families health

My family support

My friends, I still have a handful of really good ones from growing up, and a dozen who have been with me for close to 15 years. We have created a connection that I know in a heartbeat these people will be there no questions asked.

My job -It's not perfect but I was unemployed for 3 months earlier this year, and I know people who have been out of work much longer.

My family and friends ability to make me laugh, and smile.

My Grandpa who is still alive at 96

My connection to my extended family. There are 21 in my generation and I see them most around this time of year, it's great. Don't even get me started on the size of the next generation.

My six nieces and nephews. I saw them all in the last 2 days, and they are good, and funny, and sassy, and over-excitable, and they love their parents, each other, and everyone around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment