Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Things I do starting NOW to combat Holiday weight gain

The Holidays are rapidly approaching (or have already arrived if you buried your face in the Halloween candy bowl). Let's face it I/we (yes that's you readers who equal the "we") are going to drink more wine than normal, eat more mayonnaise based foods, have more desserts. I have no will power there is no way I am not partaking in Holiday eating. Here is what I do am doing starting NOW to enjoy the holiday season but not gain weight.

1) Portion Control- I cut down on my portion. For breakfast I eat only half an english muffin in stead of a full one for example.

2) Take the bulk or filler foods out of meals- For lunch I switch to soup or salads instead of 6inch from Subway with chips.

3) Adds fruits and Veggies- I feel hungrier because I am eating less, so I add fruits and veggies in place of more chips/bread/food. My soup lunch includes an apple. My half an english muffin includes a banana. My dinner includes a veggie salad instead of rice or a roll.

4) Work it out- Yes, I am working out more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment