Monday, March 22, 2010

Transitional Times . . .



It's an odd time in my life.
We are trying to make major life decisions.
Chief among them -
where are we going to live?

We've been looking at houses in the suburbs.
Part of me is thrilled -
the closets, the room, the yards, the garage!

The other part of me is nervous.
What if we move out there and the kids we so desperately want never happen?
Will we be the weird couple without kids in the suburbs?
Do we really want to be in the suburbs if we don't have kids?
Wouldn't a summer house suffice?

And although I know I should remain hopeful and certain that I will become a mother -
why has it taken so long?

It's been years so far.
Not weeks or months.
Years.

And I don't feel any closer.
There were times that I did.
Times I believed and was certain that I was pregnant.
But I was crushed afterwards when it didn't work.

So we currently reside in limbo.
Trying to decide on the life we want to live.
And how we go about making it a reality.

Transitional times, indeed.
I'll keep you posted on what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Take a chance....you never know what(or who) could be waiting for you around the corner.

    Routing for you with fingers crossed...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're amazing. you'll have your family in whatever way you are able and you'll be the most amazing mother the world has seen.

    ReplyDelete