Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm seeing clearly now . . .



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

I've had a tricky couple of weeks.
It was capped off last night in the pouring rain.
It just seems that I'm being confronted more and more regularly
 by people in my life that I can best describe as one-way streets.
Everything pertains and revolves around them.
Your life - pertains and revolves around them.

As I'm getting older I have less and less patience for this.
I heard this song - Bruises by chairlift - at work.
I loved it instantly.
I have felt this way.
 A lot lately.

So last night I take my little puppers for one last walk before bed.
It's pouring rain and as we turn the corner we bump into a friend.
She has moved away from our neighborhood but still comes back everyone now and then.
We had been trying to make plans to catch up.
I was trying to figure out when our schedules matched up.
She interupts me with this,
"Let me tell you what I am doing."

Ahh, yes.
This is exactly why we don't really keep in touch.
Every conversation is her going on and on about her life, her job, her house.
I'm always internally rolling my eyes and shaking my head.
I just really don't care anymore.

So in the spirit of my motto for 2010 - Take Action -
I'm getting off these streets and stopping the gymnastics
and knots that I normally tie myself in to appease some people in my life.

Hopefully, I'll no longer be pink and black and blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment