Friday, March 5, 2010

Sayonara

Today is my last day at my job. I have been with this company less than 8 months and hated almost every minute of it. It was weird from the get go. There is an odd office vibe, no one really gets along. It is a small office with few employees but no one is really busy. The kicker is the woman (who I have ranted about on here before) who has been in the accounting deptartment here for 3 years, but does not know what a credit and a debit are. If you are scratching your head thinking I don't either....that's totally fine. You don't work in any accounting function you don't need to. When I say this is the most BASIC and most fundamental aspec I am not exaggerating. I have no idea how she has gotten by in this job for three years by not knowing it. The idea that my boss has not fired her based solely on this information and nothing else releases me from any guilt I would feel about leaving the lion's share on my work on his shoulders (since the other woman does not have the mental fortitude to do it.

So Sayonara quiet office. Sayonara getting hung up on, or blatantly being ignored. Sayonara to the brown, red, green commute. Sayonara to the shoulder stress that has accumulated. Sayonara to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment