Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My favorite time of year . . . .

Tizzy and Lish are the youngest little butterballs in this pic with our cousins.
Clearly Laura Ingalls was a big style inspiration this year.

I'm so excited that Easter is upon us.
(It's my second favorite holiday)
For as long as I can remember my family goes to the same Easter brunch.
Both sides of our family would be there.
It was heaven for a kid -
An easter bunny that has mad balloon skills,
running around in the grass/snow/mud depending on the weather,
a desert buffet that is never ending,
and fabulous new frocks to get dressed up in.
Here are some of the mad fashions that we were subjected to:

Isn't this just too fabu?
I don't what's better my mom's hat or golden boy's wicked suit.
Case in point - Lish with balloon animal
Bangs and side braids for everyone!
When our neice saw this picture last year she had one question -
"Why are you guys dressed like pilgrims?"
This Easter Lish pulled my mom aside and was hopping mad.
How come she was the only one not in a floral print?
This is a white multiple around my waist.  Awesome.
Nothing compares to more Stylish Sister's get up.  Pure early 90's heaven.
You'll notice there are several repeats through the years.
This year I got to wear the Easter bonnet.

This year we'll be down in Florida so we'll miss the family shindig.
But if I was going this is what I would want to be wearing.
(assuming of course I could afford any of this.)

Donna Karan
This is perfect - even comes with an easter bonnet.
marchesa
Kind of feels like an easter egg, no?
Nanette Lepore

Milly
Maybe I'm drawn to all the pink.
This is a fun suit option.
How often can you put fun and suit in the same description?

Oscar De La Renta
I love the orange.
Especially with the black tights.

Michael Kors
This is if there is snow on the ground.
Which unfortunately, is always a possibility.
Bottega Veneta
Who needs an Easter Basket when you are wearing this!
Can you imagine all the Easter Eggs you could smuggle in this?
You would clean up at the Easter Egg hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment