Monday, April 19, 2010

This made me l-o-l

Below is an excerpt from a guy describing his 10 hour voyage on a megabus to reconnect with a long distance love.

I was not a model bus citizen. For one, I was dressed like a lunatic: overcoat, sweatpants, T-shirt, boots. This was not the outfit of a man on a mission for love. I was dressed like this not because I like to make others uncomfortable, but because the voyage would take 10 hours and I wanted to maximize comfort.

I don't know why I find this so hilarious, but the phrase I was dressed like a lunatic is making me chuckle right now. Because a)he was there is no better description for that outfit. and b) I have dressed like a lunatic before for long travels/early trips. At the time you are pulling clothes out of your closet it seems like a good idea, then once you have arrived at the airport/bus terminal/train stop you look around and realize you should never put these items of clothing together, and wonder why you are the only traveler who couldn't pull together comfortable clothes that actually look like an outfit. Case in point my recent trip to Cabo when I had to be at the airport at 3am. I wore my running shoes (because you know I was going to workout on vacation??? Didn't happen once) paired with skinny jeans(cause who doesn't bring at least one pair of jeans per day when traveling to a warm climate) all topped off by my red puffer coat (because the cab showed up early, it was before 2:30am and I just grabbed something). Tizzy and I laughed about this look for at least a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment