Monday, April 12, 2010

Hot times with Hotcakes . . .

Tizzy and Hotcakes

Friday Night Husband and I met our friends Hotcakes and her Hubby out for dinner.
Well drinks and then more drinks and then dinner.
Somehow whenever we're out with these two we always end up one place -
Momofuku Milk Bar -
or as I like to call it heaven.

This was our order on Friday night -
one crack pie, one candy bar pie, one grasshopper pie
and a red velvet and cream cheese frosting frozen yogurt.
Oh my lord - it was delicious
 and the sugar high and pandemonium that ensued was breathtaking.

Hotcakes and I wanted our picture taken with our brilliant order - crack pie and candy bar pie.
By far the best and we know this because we aren't rookies when it comes to baked goods.

At first we tried to take it with her iphone which was a big FAIL.
Then Husband's trusty blackberry came out and the picture above was snapped.
When we asked how it looked all Hotcakes Hubby could say was,
"ahh, it's a little close"

This is what came afterwards.

Don't I look so proud of myself?  It's the crack pie high.


I have no explanation for this.
What can I say I shouldn't be allowed to eat sugar unsupervised.

1 comment:

  1. Oh me oh my!!! I LOVE my new nickname!!! We had such a blast with you two Friday night!! Talked about how great it was the whole way home! Matt's (oops I mean "hubby of hotcake") fingers were stained red from the red velvet soft serve for all of Saturday! Can't wait til our next get together...which will inevitably end at our fave dessert spot!! Xo

    ReplyDelete