Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to me . . .


Tizzy & Lish - 70's style.

I was talking to my More Stylish Sister last night
and she asked me what I wanted for my birthday.
I'm turning 34 at the end of the month.

Tizzy and Lish many moons ago.

That seems really old.
Much older than 33 -
why is that?


More Stylish Sister's Birthday
Look how excited I am for that cake.
Lish, raise your hands if you love fried chicken and birthday cake.

Anyways, my response was - what don't I want.
The list is long and varied.
What I absolutely want the most -
I know I'm getting.


Golden boy's birthday this time.
(I know this because there isn't a princess cake)
We all look ready for the chocolate deliciousness.

A trip to Paris with Husband.
Oh the chocolate, the baguettes, the cheese the wine -
the food coma I will most certainly put myself into.
Paris, can you hear me?


seriously, could my goddaughter be any cuter?

Here's another rambling list of things that I would like
but in no way are necesary to my life.
I love getting big books for birthdays.
I've been coveting Jacqueline Kennedy: The White House Years
for awhile now.
It's amazing to me how timeless and chic these fashions remain.

I heart Kelly Wearstler.
I know hue  is her most recent book.
But I'm not feeling it.
Too eighties and wacko for me.
I'll take the Hollywood Regency book anyday.
I don't care if it's so 15 minutes ago.
Oh Shelter Magzines, why have you all closed?
This book from Metropolitan Home.
Looks absolutely delicious.

Isn't this the most to say the least?
I love the gold monogram ( I think I would just do my last name)
Love the black with the canvas.  But there are many leather options.
It's from LaPlates - which is a website that just makes me drool when I'm on it.
Oh the monogramming possibilities.

How cool is this blue coral rug?
It would be perfect in the beach house I aspire to own.
This little guy could whip up my chai lattes in nothing flat.
Husband dreams of one day having a kitchen large enough
that I will allow him to have a coffee machine
(no counter space currently and cabinets stuffed with too
 many other small kitchen appliances that we don't use.)
I dream of the milk frother.

So sweet.
A goldendoodle puppy would be a fabulous present.
Although I don't know how we would all fit in 600 square feet of fun.

I've been suffering from a serious Michael Kors addiction lately.
The shoes, the bags, the clothes -
yes, yes, yes - pretty please.
This is the Skorpios Pleated Crescent Hobo.
It's like butter.

This has been on my list for awhile.
How fun would it be to zip around NYC on this?
I'd get a great helmet with flames coming out of the side.
Unfortunately, Husband has forbid it.
He's afraid I'll end up as a hood ornament on a cab.
He ruins all the fun.

What did we do before Etsy?
I haven't really jumped on board the bib necklace bus.
But I do think this is super fabu.
Here's the link.
All her stuff is fantastic.

For something a little more dainty - I'd choose this gal.
It can be found here.


Doesn't this just fill you with hope?
I told you I have a thing for clouds.
This is more etsy magic.
Can be found here.
I would take just about anyone of her prints.
This one is in my color scheme.
And would be perfect with my coral rug in my dream beach house.

Love this Julia Rothman Subway Poster.
Who knew the MTA could also bring us this.



Really Emersonmade, do you have to be that glamorous?
My more stylish sister loves anything that you can wad up and stick on your sweater.
I might have to agree with her.
I'll take this for any season.



I would take anything that Heidi Merrick makes.
But these two dresses especially.
For when I'm feeling naughty or nice.


I told you I want it all.
The thing is -
I all ready feel like I have it all.
I got to grow up with these clowns.

Lish with a homemade cake.




I'm legally contracted to love this one.

And I get to torment whoops I mean love
this crazy cast of characters.


I told you -
I have everything that means anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment